Sunday, April 19, 2009

Photos: Bike Camping with Sarah

On Easter weekend, Sarah Kraynick and I went on our inaugural bicycle camping trip! We survived... the bikes did great, and the tent + sleeping mat + sleeping bag were fantastic! We wound up riding from Amsterdam to Lelystad (via Almere) on Day 1, and back (via the dijk to Enkhuizen) on Day 2. Highlights of the ride included Muiderslot, lots of sheep, and the Naviduct Krabbegat near Enkhuizen.

Despite my previously expressed nervous jitters.. the camping went splendidly! Despite setting up the tent at night (I now understand the utility of a headlight as never before!).. the tent did a super job of keeping us dry during the torrential electrical storm at 3 AM! :-)

For those who want a visual impression -- here are a few photos from the bicycle camping trip:


My trusty steed!

Me at Muiderslot


Sarah peeking out of the tent...

Sarah packing up after breakfast

Since the bicycle camping trip -- I've reverted back to my old familiar method of preparation.. spending money. ;-)

I finally booked my airplane ticket to get me to Portland OR (near Astoria, OR) and from Washington DC (near Yorktown, VA)!!!! I also ordered an Asus Eee PC 1000H + 2 U20 13200mAh external batteries (so I can work on the road).. plus a complete set of cycle maps for the TransAmerica trail from the Adventure Cycling Association!

Somehow, I feel like ordering my airplane ticket was crossing the point of no return. OMG, this trip is really going to happen!!! :-) :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's sooo exciting!!! I want to ride TransAm with my brother in about two years. I'm already really excited about it and reading this makes it even more exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete